Sunday, March 30, 2008

Artfest Here I Come!!!!


i've been such a bad little blogger lately, but there have been so many changes afoot, that i've had trouble keeping up with them myself. most of them really good and exciting, a bit unknown about how it will all turn out, but i guess that's all part of the excitement, right? i feel like i'm in for a really big transition in my life, a major turning point, and i'm really welcoming it and looking forward to all the possibilities it may bring.
i've also been frantically getting ready for my trip to washington to go to artfest 2008, yay! if you don't know about artfest, google artfest 2008 and check out the site...it's this fantastic 4 day retreat full of art making, workshops by fabulous instructors, and lots of friend making too....i'm a bit nervous, as i'm going into it not really knowing a soul, but i think it's going to be amazing and i'm sure i'll meet all sorts of wonderfully creative people....i've been trying to really push myself this past year to do/try things that scare me...things that i fear...and a year ago, i would never have been able to do this...a year ago this would have been a sweet little pipe dream in my brain, something i would dream about, fantastize about, "wish" i could do, "wish" i could be the type of fearless person that would pick up and travel across the country to spend 4 days with 600 strangers in pursuit of something they loved, always wishing to be that person...hoping to be that person, but never really able to envision how i would become that person....and now, about a year later...i am that person. still with fears, anxiety, and a bit of trepidation, but not the type that keeps you frozen in place, stagnant, unchanging, stilted, a concubine of your own mental/emotional fears , no, not that kind of fear...just a normal healthy dose of everday fear, the kind that gives you butterflies in your stomach and quickens your heartbeat for a moment or so, the kind that makes your palms a bit sweaty and your mouth a tad dry...that's usually the kind of fear i experience these days. so off i will go to artfest on tuesday, with butterflies in my stomach, a quick beat to my heart, a slick palm, and a dry mouth...off to do the undoable and be the person i never thought i would become. ♥

19 comments:

Dianne said...

Have a wonderful time at Artfest! I used to be afraid to do things alone but pushed myself and soon discovered that I always had a great time, met wonderful new people and was so pleased with myself after.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

Dadadreams said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!

mendytexas said...

OOH, Artfest...fun! Love your darling new creation! :)Mendy

Dawn said...

GO GET 'EM GIRL!! And be sure to email me all the details when you get home! I am sooo coming with you next year, I don't care what any boss says. :)

Xo

Lilli in Vancouver said...

Hi Layla !

Are you as tired as I am? When I got home yesterday I slept for 3 hrs. Then this morning I slept late, got up, and went back to bed again.

What an adventure, huh? I am feeling so artistically fulfilled right now. It was so wonderful meeting you and getting to sit next to you in Misty's class.

Good Luck recovering!
xoxo Lilli

Veronica TM said...

wow, artfest?!? i hope you had a wonderful time!
and congratulations on your brave and beautiful decision to live life more fully!

Nicole Austin said...

Hi Layla!
Hope you've re-adjusted to "real life"...I'm still floating on an Artfest high! :) I'm so glad I got a chance to meet you--you are sweet and kind (oh, no I'm sounding like a yearbook entry!) ;) I am so amazed by your artistic creations! You didn't tell me you were famous! I was at the SeaTac airport, flipping through a Belle Amoire magazine and I saw an image with your name on it (the one on the moo card you gave me, actually!) advertised for the Digital Studio magazine! :) How cool! Let's stay in touch--stop by my blog anytime, or email me: kinueko@gmail.com

hugs,
Nicole

Unknown said...

i hope you had an amazing experience. i loved the honesty of your post and thank you for the inspiration. can't wait to hear about your adventures ;)

~dani~ said...

Oh honey, I am sooo proud of you. You are actually LIVING life and not just going through it. I have a similiar wish to travel across country in search of artistic endeavors. I am not ready yet but I hope to be someday soon. Please share pics and notes of the funny, quirky, inspiring things that happened during your trip.

Sandra Evertson said...

Sounds like too much fun! Love the doiley afro below!
Sandra Evertson

etherealwear said...

Take lots of pics!
Have a terrific time @ Artfest!

AuntDsHandcrafts said...

That is so amazing that you are overcoming a fear of yours. I have been doing the same thing by selling stuff of craft shows. At first I thought it would be a scary thing, but it turns out I love it :) Have fun and tell us all about it when you get back!

celeste said...

Layla,
Was great meeting you - having a story and face to go with all the images I see from flickr.
celeste

Unknown said...

ooh, artfest sounds amazing. i think you going to become the person that you were meant to become and have become and are still becoming. i am most inspired by your quest to become all that you are.

Krisite LaRose said...

Hey girlie

Great post-

I had a great time hanging with you at Artfest! HOpe to do it again next year!!!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Layla!

GREAT and delightful blog!!! :)

Spooky CK

boopsiedaisy said...

This particular entry also moved me on levels I could never even begin to count or describe! What a breath of fresh air you are as a person, Layla. You have such grace & gusto, (the coolest combination of qualities!) & honestly you give me such faith in this species we call 'man'! I wish everyone in the world was as easy to love & as totally inspiring! I love you too much. You drive me wild! xox!

dollface design said...

thank you so much everyone for all of your sweet, beautiful, supportive comments, i appreciate it more than you'll know!

xo
layla
ps. missy i love you to bits, you always say the perfect thing to make me feel good, you have a gift for that and it makes me love you even more ♥

Alarico Adalbert said...

I could not have closed on my first home without Mr, Benjamin Lee ! Benjamin and his team went above and beyond for me on this transaction. He handled my very tight turn around time with ease and was always available for me when I had questions (and I had plenty), even when he was away from the office, which I greatly appreciated! He and his team handled many last-minute scrambles with the seller and worked tirelessly to make sure that I could close before my lease (and my down payment assistance, for that matter) expired. Mr Benjamin is an incredibly knowledgeable Loan Officer, courteous, and patient. I went through a couple offers on properties before my final purchase and Benjamin was there to help with each one, often coordinating with my agent behind the scenes. I felt supported throughout the entire process. Thanks to Benjamin and the tireless efforts of his team, I am now a proud homeowner! I would encourage you to consider Benjamin Briel Lee for any kind of loan.Mr, Benjamin Lee Contact informations.via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740  Email- 247officedept@gmail.com.